Waverly First Grad Winter Concert
Dear Waverly Families,
The first graders are hard at work in music class and can’t wait to share some songs and activities to welcome the winter season! This year, we will be presenting a concert video that will be released on Thursday, December 16. Here are all the details: Video recording day: Thursday, December 9 Students may wear festive attire of any color Video release day: Thursday, December 16 The video link will be sent by email. The concert will also be shown on the local cable channels 78 and 24. You can check the TV schedule here. How to practice at home: Check the music Google Classroom during the week of November 29 for practice materials. If your child did not join the music google classroom yet, here is the joining information: 1. Log into google with your child’s EUFSD username and password. Then click here. (Another way to join- Go to classroom.google.com. Go to the plus sign in the top right corner to “create or join a class”. Click “Join a class”. Enter the class code- hx3wmms 2. Go to “classwork” to find practice materials. Thank you for supporting our young musicians at home. We can’t wait to share our songs with you! -Mrs. Ness, Waverly Music Teacher email@example.com
Waverly’s Annual Halloween Parade
Friday, October 29th
Kindergarten 9:30 am
First Grade 10:30 am
We are excited to invite you to our outdoor Waverly Halloween Parade! The parade will begin at the front door and turn left toward Main Street. The children will walk around the building 2x, re-enter Waverly and return to their classrooms.
Please send your child to school in their costume. Children should either wear their clothes under their costumes or bring a change of clothes with them. Please send a bag labeled with your child’s name for the costume to be sent home. Children will change from their costumes into their regular clothing after their parade. Additional staff will be assigned to classrooms to assist teachers and students so class parents will not be asked to assist at this time, but we genuinely appreciate their willingness to support our students and teachers!
Safe and Spooky Reminders:
Please park off of school grounds, and kindly exit once your child’s parade is over to allow for the next group of parents to park. Families should spread out all around our parade route. Costumes should not cover children’s eyes, be too long which causes a tripping hazard, or include weapons to ensure safety for those who ride the bus and while we parade around the building. We appreciate your support and attention to these details so we can make it a safe and enjoyable experience for all!
Dismissal changes during the day, please call the office before 11:30 am so your child can be notified about the change. Early dismissal must occur by 2:30 pm so it does not interfere with our walker and bus dismissal. We appreciate every effort to minimize schedule changes during the day. If you must pick your child up from school prior to the end of the day, you must report to the main entrance to sign your child out of school.
Our primary goal is to keep our little Eaglets learning in person.
- If your child will not be attending school, please notify our attendance office by phone at (914) 793-6130 ext. 5503. You may leave a message. For other attendance-related questions, please contact WVattendance@eufsdk12.org
Must individuals with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 be sent home or excluded?
- As per the COVID-19 FAQ for Schools 2021-2022 Pre K-12th Grade Westchester County Department of Health (9/17/2021) and NYS Health Commissioner Determination on Testing or Vaccination, all students, teachers, and staff with new or worsening symptoms compatible with COVID-19 must be sent home and excluded from school, regardless of vaccination status, until the following criteria are met:
- Documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR or NAAT test result
- Medical provider documentation of a pre-existing chronic condition with no change in symptoms or an alternative acute illness diagnosis e.g. lab-confirmed strep throat, flu, AND that COVID-19 is not suspected
- When can such individuals return to school?
- All must meet the preceding criteria AND be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and have improving symptoms
- Anyone not meeting the above criteria must remain excluded for a minimum of 10 days following the date of first symptoms.
*******If your child is absent from school for symptoms please review the Waverly website for what they need to return*********
- All medical conversations should take place with the Nurse’s Office (ext. 5509) after reporting your child's absence to the attendance office.
The Waverly School Community would like to extend their sincere gratitude to Mrs. Theresa Cherry for serving as interim principal through Friday, September 24th. Her wealth of knowledge and experience in school leadership ensured a smooth and seamless start to this school year for that, we remain grateful. We would like to wish her well in her retirement(for real this time!) and once again extend our heartfelt thanks for her dedication and service to the Eastchester School District.
Safety IssuesWe have noticed the following during drop off in the morning:
Thank you for following these precautions and keeping our students safe.
- students must be properly seated in a car seat/booster seat with a fastened seat belt.
- parents, please be careful about putting your car in park when stopping to drop off your child at the school entrance.
- students should be released from the car on the passenger side only.
- remember for at least another week to have your child's name tag with the teacher's name and dismissal directions attached to the child's clothing or backpack.
Here are the General Supply Lists
These are the General Supply Lists for the Kindergarten and First-grade classes. These supplies are the common supplies that each teacher requests in their own supply lists. Additional supplies are requested from each teacher. Please find your child's teacher's supply list here on the Waverly website once you have your assigned teacher.
Kindergarten Teacher Supply Lists
Please find the teacher your child was assigned and purchase the supplies they have requested as well as the general Kindergarten supplies.
First Grade Teacher Supply Lists
Please find the teacher your child was assigned and purchase the supplies they have requested as well as the general First Grade supplies.
Small Classes Supply Lists
Please find your teacher below
Welcome to the Waverly School! This is the 2021/2022 Kindergarten Orientation Video. We hope you enjoy it.
Eastchester Union Free School District
February 22nd, 2021
To Prospective Parents:
Calling parents of the class of 2034! We are writing to encourage you to register your school-age child now for kindergarten.
Allow us to tell you a little about Waverly. It’s truly a wonderful place. It is where youngsters come to learn and explore, have thoughtful conversations, make friends, make mistakes and grow. We are very excited to welcome our newest students to our school.
Registration is open to all children who reside in Eastchester and will turn five by December 1, 2021. If your child’s fifth birthday is after September 1, 2021 and you have any concerns regarding your child’s readiness for kindergarten.
You can register your child now for kindergarten. Registration information and forms are available at
On behalf of the Waverly staff, we look forward to welcoming your family to Waverly.
___________________________________________________________________________________________45 Hall Avenue • Eastchester, NY 10709 • (914) 793-6130, ext. 5502 • Fax (914) 779-0237•
Covid-19 Dashboard & Resources
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM SEPTA Meeting
December 16, 2021
December 19, 2021