Welcome to the Waverly School!
The Waverly School is a district-wide kindergarten and first grade school. The developmentally appropriate program is exploratory and "hands-on" in nature, and is designed to promote each child's social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Curiosity and the joy of learning are emphasized to develop life long learners. We teach basic skills, strategies, concepts, and critical thinking skills meeting the learning needs of all children as they begin their educational experience in Eastchester.
The Waverly Vision
Within these walls is a safe, nurturing, and collaborative environment where students, staff and parents model mutual respect, caring and lifelong learning.
Waverly School Philosophy
- Create an attractive and stimulating learning environment.
- Help each child develop a positive self-image.
- Cultivate the individual interest and abilities of each child.
- Stimulate a love for learning.
- Provide for the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth of each child.
- Provide a variety of learning activities so that children acquire academic skills that are the foundation for future learning.
- Assist each child to become an independent thinker and worker.
- Allow for creative expression of each child.
- Encourage children to ask questions.
- Encourage personal development through physical education, art, and music.
- Create an environment in which children are encouraged to interact with their peers and adults.
- Expand each child's concept of his/her world.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore, solve problems, and make decisions.
In summary, we want kindergarten and first grade children to experience the excitement of learning while expanding their minds and developing their bodies.