2021-22 Absence Notification Information for WV Families
Our primary goal is to keep our little Eaglets learning in person.
- If your child will not be attending school, please notify our attendance office by phone at (914) 793-6130 ext. 5503. You may leave a message. For other attendance-related questions, please contact WVattendance@eufsdk12.org
- Must individuals with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 be sent home or excluded?
- As per the COVID-19 FAQ for Schools 2021-2022 Pre K-12th Grade Westchester County Department of Health (9/17/2021) and NYS Health Commissioner Determination on Testing or Vaccination, all students, teachers, and staff with new or worsening symptoms compatible with COVID-19 must be sent home and excluded from school, regardless of vaccination status, until the following criteria are met:
- Documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR or NAAT test result
- Medical provider documentation of a pre-existing chronic condition with no change in symptoms or an alternative acute illness diagnosis e.g. lab-confirmed strep throat, flu, AND that COVID-19 is not suspected
- When can such individuals return to school?
- All must meet the preceding criteria AND be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and have improving symptoms
- Anyone not meeting the above criteria must remain excluded for a minimum of 10 days following the date of first symptoms.
*******If your child is absent from school for symptoms please review the Waverly website for what they need to return*********
- All medical conversations should take place with the Nurse’s Office (ext. 5509) after reporting your child's absence to the attendance office.