Psychologist's Desk -AKA The Feelings Teachers
- Early childhood development consultant for staff, parents and the greater community.
- Facilitator of Good Touches / Bad Touches: Child Abuse Prevention program, held during the spring semester.
- Counselor / Play Therapist for children with social and/or emotional issues.
- Facilitator of children's social development through classroom community building activities.
- Member of Instructional Support Team (IST).
- Member of Kindergarten Screening Team.
- To work in conjunction with staff to identify children at risk for academic, social, and/or behavioral problems.
- To maximize student's academic success in Kindergarten and 1st grade through:
- Classroom observations to help staff and parents gain insight into a child's development.
- Formal assessments to identify areas of strengths and needs for a child.
- Helping teachers make modifications to their instructional techniques when necessary.
- To maximize student's social / emotional development through:
- In-class or in-office counseling to encourage positive social interactions.
- Observations to determine motivations of behavior or difficulties.
- Development of intervention or behavioral support plans to promote appropriate, pro-social behaviors.
- To facilitate acceptance within the Kindergarten and 1st grade community of children with adverse needs.
May be reached at 793-6130 extension 5510