Welcome to the Facilities Department
Eastchester UFSD Mission Statement for Safe and Healthy School Facilities
The Eastchester Union Free School District is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation in close coordination with the New York State Education Department and the New York State Department of Health. We will send periodic updates and keep our staff informed of any changes in our COVID-19 responses and protocols. Rest assured, every precaution is being taken to ensure the health and safety of all the students and staff of the Eastchester Union Free School District.
The Eastchester UFSD Operations and Maintenance staff have been meeting regularly with the Director of Facilities and monitoring the Coronavirus and the possible spread of COVID-19. The district has planning in place for continuity of services in such instances. As of now, the Eastchester Union Free School District Operations and Maintenance Department is cleaning and disinfecting on a daily basis to maintain safe and healthy environments.
The district is taking recommended precautions and is following the guidelines outlined by the State of New York Governor’s Office, the New York State Education Department, The New York State Department of Health and the CDC. Additionally, we are taking proactive measures to promote the safety of staff by increasing the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection of common areas, restrooms, and gathering areas. There will be an increase in the number of hand-sanitizing stations throughout all district facilities and extra hand washing signs that remind employees and visitors to wash their hands frequently.
In the meantime, there are simple steps everyone can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol or non-alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible.
- Follow all recommendations put in place by CDC, NYS Health Department and NYSED.